OxygenD's Editor Blog with Diane Hart

Friday, July 10, 2009

"I hate my 'pooch'!"

I got an email this week from GraceAnn who, at age 32 is like most of us – bothered by the dreaded “pooch” of her lower abs. Hey, I can relate!

GraceAnn wrote asking for a few exercise moves and guess what? Although you and I know that you can’t really isolate “upper” and “lower” abs, you can target various areas more than others depending on the angle or direction of the exercise. I know that once I started to do more than just crunches, my own abs training changed – new moves, for me, make me more excited about an area I often neglect. In our new Abs Special, we share some of these moves for creating a tight mid-section by training from assorted angles.

So, GraceAnn, and anyone else concerned about the “pooch” issue, my message to you is this – help is at hand! (And the best part of it is that many of these abs moves can be done anywhere – no equipment required!) The new Abs Special is on newsstands now (think of it as your own personal abs coach) – and then let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. A "pooch" is a dog. There's no such thing as a "pooch area" in your stomach.

    And there's no such thing as an exercise that targets fat in a particular part of the body. No matter what kind of exercise you do, no matter what muscles you exercise, you have absolutely no control over which part(s) of your body you lose fat from.

    The notion that there are certain kinds of abdominal exercises that target fat in the abdominal area is a fiction perpetuated by TV ads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: The word your looking for is "paunch",not "pooch."

    ReplyDelete