OxygenD's Editor Blog with Diane Hart

Thursday, September 23, 2010

5 questions with Natalie Waples

We had an amazing day so far in Las Vegas. Our plan today was executed and we shot four models throughout the day, each of them giving their best during their cover tries. Canadian Natalie Waples is in town this weekend to work the Nutrabolics booth at the Olympia Expo and is five weeks out from her next competition. She took some time out during the shoot to answer these five quick questions:

Favorite thing about competing:
I love to compete against myself. Improving every show and evolving every show and evolving as an athlete is very fulfilling. I have met so many friends while competing and consider myself so fortunate to be in such an exciting, health-minded industry.



Proudest moment:
Winning my IFBB Pro Card in figure. As a Canadian there are only 2 shows a year where accomplishing this is possible and I love competing so much that turning pro was my next step/goal.

Who is your role model and why?
My mother. She is the editor of a newspaper and is raising my two adopted brothers at the same time. She is the hardest working and most supportive person I know.

What three things led to your success in fitness?
1. I really worked hard to promote myself as a fitness model, ambassador and athlete.
2. Not being afraid to approach industry people and sponsors and the like.
3. I love to work out, take care of myself, and spread the word that this is the best industry in the world! Enthusiasm is contagious!

Favorite thing to do when not training and why:
I love to hang out with my two adorable dogs – they have so much energy and so much love to give.

What are five things we may not know about you?
1. I can sneeze like Donald Duck
2. My new workout goal is perfecting handstand push-ups
3. I am a grammar fanatic…funner is a new word!
4. My day job is a team leader/senior advisor in HR
5. I can take down a large pizza all by myself.

You can find out more about Natalie Waples on her personal website here:
http://www.nataliewaplesfitness.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment